Table of Contents
- → Ceiling Fan vs Standing Fan
- → Ceiling Fan vs AC
- → Hunter Ceiling Fan vs Hampton Bay vs Harbor Breeze
- → Best Brands in Ceiling Fan
- → Ceiling Fan Buying Tips
- → AirFlow Table
- → Ceiling Fan Guide
- → Height and Drop Rod length of Ceiling Fan
- → Fan Size and Room Size
- → Maintenance of Ceiling Fan
- → Benefits of owning a Ceiling Fan
- → Best 10 Ceiling Fans
- → Typical structure of ceiling fan
- → FAQ’S
Ceiling Fan for Maintaining Temparature at Home
Ceiling fan is most important appliances used at home. Fan will include features like saving electricity, sweeping a large surface area.Ceiling fan will cool down temperature are increase the temperature of room. Know a day’s each and even home will have ceiling fan.Here is the guidance to choose which is the best Ceiling fan for your home.Before you decide which Ceiling fan you want to buy and what are the best ceiling fan in India. Let us know something interesting facts about Ceiling fan.
Types of Ceiling Fans :-
- Ceiling fan
- Standing fan
- Hunter ceiling fan
- Hampton bay
Ceiling fan vs standing fan
|Ceiling Fan||Standing fan|
|High cost||Low cost|
|High air circulation||Low air circulation|
|larger in size||Smaller in size|
|It is fixed||It is not fixed|
Ceiling Fan vs AC
|Power||15 to 95 watts||500 to 1,500 watts|
|Cost||Cost is less||Cost is more|
|Size||Large in size||Small in size|
- Ceiling fan is the best and cheapest fan to increase air conduction in home.
- Ceiling fan will bring the temperature of its surroundings by 7 degrees and will make the home cool.
- We have select fan according to budget, room size.Know a day’s fan come with a feature of light.
- There are many types of fans available, we have to select ceiling fan which we like.
- Know a day’s even ceiling fan come with a remote control, which will make your work easy and save time.
- Lighting ceiling fan will change the atmosphere by brightening.
- Selecting number of blades present in ceiling fan is also very important .we have to select number of blades according to the size of room.
- Commonly we will use 3, 4 number of blades ceiling fan.
- We have different brands of fan,in that we have select the best brands that will save power, which has good airflow.
- Stand fans are carry able where ever we go we can carry fan. We can place stand fan to which ever direction we want.
- We can increase as well as decrease temperature of ceiling fan, if it is cold then we can increase the temperature, if its hot then we can decrease the temperature.
- Additional blades in a fan will increase the drag on a ceiling fan’s motor and slow it down, so we can get good air circulation.
- Small size fan will have 18 inch blade and larger one will have 68 inch blade.
- While selecting ceiling fan we have to even consider the color of wall where we are placing fan.
Hunter Ceiling fan vs Hampton Bay vs Harbour Breeze
|Hunter Ceiling fan||Hampton Bay||Harbour Breeze|
|Motor type||Ac and Dc motor||Ac motors||Ac motors|
Best Brands in Ceiling Fan
- Compton Greaves
These are some of the leading brands of ceiling fans, we have to select brand according to your satisfaction which ever brand we need. Above list are the some of the leading brands in India.
Ceiling Fan Buying Tips
Budget : According to your budget we have to look which fan is better to use.If budget is low we have to choose the fan with that budget only and also look for power consumption, if budget is high we have to go for costlier fan.
Warranty : It is important that you talk note which parts and repairs are included in the warranty of the model you are buying always go for longer warranty period
Finishing : Choose the one with the best design suitable for your total house, with a good finishing
Features : Additional features always will add more cost, so if you don’t need additional light are remote–control, then go for the model that fits your budget.We can control light with the help of remote.
Power consumption : Ceiling fan power consumption depends on the type of fan we are using and the type of motor present in that fan. We have select fan according to your needs. Lighting fan will consume more power than normal fan because for lighting it will take more power and even large motors are used so it will take more power.
AirFlow : Airflow is the air that is distributed surrounding area. Proper distribution of air is very important. Airflow is measured in Cubic feet per minute (CFM), more the CFM value airflow will be more. Generally a best ceiling fan will have airflow measured greater then 6000 CFM. Airflow will determine the efficiency of a ceiling fan. Flow of air is very important to decrease the temperature of room, so airflow should be good. If the airflow of the fan is not go wast of talking that fan.
|Good||Airflow is 4000 to 5000 CFM|
|Better||Airflow is 5000 to 6000 CFM|
|Best||Airflow is greater than 6000 CFM|
Ceiling Fan Guide
We can select according to this , take the square feet and then select the blade span. this list will make you easy to select best blades.
- If room size is 75 sq. ft then go for 29’’ to 36’’ blade span.
- If room size is 175 sq. ft then go for 42’’ to 48’’ blade span.
- If room size is 350 sq. ft then go for 52’’to 56’’ blade span.
- If room size is more than 350 sq. ft them go for 60’’ are longer blade span.
Height and Drop Rod length of Ceiling Fan
|Height (in feet)||Drop Rod Length (in inches)|
Fan Size and Room Size
First, we have to know the size of room so that we can select fan easily. the most commonly used is fan size is 1200 mm airflow .the size of fan depends on size of room . based on size only we have to select fans. here are some list of fans sizes for room size.
|Fan Size (in mm)||Room Size (in sq. feet)|
|900||Less than 75|
|1050||Up to 100|
|1200||100 to 130|
|1400||130 to 150|
|More then 1400||Greater than 150|
Maintenance of Ceiling Fan
- Ceiling fan does not need more maintenance, only little bit of care is enough to maintain the ceiling fan. Lubricate motors of fan regularly because for the smooth movement of fans. Know a days fans motors comes with a sealer bearings so for then less maintains is enough.
- Some times fans make lot of noise that is because of vibrations. Fans have metallic containers that tends to vibrate less. Therefore, they last longer than the fiberglass fans. So we have change the ball bearings of fan to reduce the noise. today fan comes up with a brush less DC motor, they makes less noise when compared to ball bearings motors.
- We have to never interchange the blades of fan with others because fan come up with a set of blades, if we interchange it will not work so we have to be very careful about blades.
- We have to clean fan blades regularly to prevent dust from setting on it, if blades dust then it will not function properly.
- use switching electronic fan regulators instead of rotating one so that we can save power 30%.
- We have to clean the fan blades regularly so that we can maintain the fan at a very good conduction.
Benefits of owning a Ceiling Fan
Style statement : We have to choose a ceiling fan that adds a style statement to your home. We have to select a fan that suits your home. If we are selecting a fan for small distance then 3, 4 blades is better, if we select for large then 5 blades fan is best.
Lower energy cost : We have to select a fan that will save power, which will consume low energy so we can save electricity. If we are choosing fan for rooms then we have choose fan with lower motor capacity so that we can save power. If we are choose high capacity motor for rooms its waste because high capacity motors will talk more electricity, here choosing the best ceiling fan is very important,so that we can save electric bill.
Versatility from room to room : Ceiling fan is an appliance present in all homes. Ceiling fan gives different look for your home, different ceiling fan will give different look for your home.
Different Ceiling Fan :-
We have two types of ceiling fan that is summer ceiling fan and winter ceiling fan. Ceiling fan is mainly used to cool down the temperature, where as know a days we use the fan even to increase room temperature
- Summer ceiling fan: where summer ceiling fan rotates in a counter clock wise direction, it will provide a cool air to surrounding and lowers the room temperature. In this fan air is moved upward direction so that it cools the surrounding temperature
- Winter ceiling fan: where winter ceiling fan rotates in a clock wise direction, it will provide a hot air to surrounding and increases the room temperature. In this fans air is moved towards downwards so that it will increase the temperature of surrounding.
Best 10 Ceiling Fans
this list will make us to select the best one,
- Havells Nicola 1200 mm Ceiling Fan
- Gorilla Energy Saving Ceiling Fan
- Crompton HS Plus Ceiling Fan
- Orient Electric Aero quiet 1200 Ceiling Fan
- Havells ES-50 Five Star Ceiling Fan
- Usha Technix Star Ceiling Fan
- Superfan Super A1 Ceiling Fan
- Orient Energy Star 47-inch Energy Saver Ceiling Fan
- Bajaj Cruzair Decor 1300 mm Ceiling Fan
- Orient Areta Decorative Ceiling Fan
Havells Nicola 1200mm Ceiling Fan
Gorilla Energy Saving Ceiling Fan
Crompton HS Plus Ceiling Fan
Orient Electric Aeroquiet 1200 Ceiling Fan
- This product has high efficiency motors, so it will give us a maximum flow of air. The special feature of this product is, it has
- 18-pole sturdy motor which will provide a smooth air to surrounding.
- It will take 62 watts of power, this fan will consume more power compare to other . Airflow is 230 cmm.
Havells ES-50 Five Star Ceiling Fan
Usha Technix Star Ceiling Fan
Superfan Super A1 Ceiling Fan
Orient Energy Star 47-inch Energy Saver Ceiling Fan
Bajaj Cruzair Decor 1300mm Ceiling Fan
Orient Areta Decorative Ceiling Fan
Typical structure of ceiling fan
Best ceiling fans consists of a few basic parts, like drop rod, blades and light that will add a style to our room. We have to choice Ceiling fan which saves power and remote control with will make the work easy.
- Drop rod : we have to select ceiling fan having drop rod neither too close to the ceiling nor too for from ceiling because proper distance maintains is very important for the movement of fan. The high of ceiling determine the length of drop rod.
- The blades of fan ,should be at least two to three feet from the ceiling and at least one feet away from the side walls.
- Blades : Normally we will select 3 blades fan but even 4,5 blade fans are also presents. We have to select number of blades in fan according to space available. Number of blades will not tends to affect the fan performance. More number of blades more will be performance. blades should be placed around 12 to 15 degrees of tilt are else it will effect the efficiency of motor, because of that electric bill will increase
- Light : know a day’s fans are coming with light which is the extra feature of fan, which will bring brightness to your home. This lighting fan will use more electricity than other normal fan. If we want light then go for light one are else don’t choose this light featured one.
1. What is different between 3, 4, 5 blades fan?
Their is only small difference between 3, 4, 5 blades fan, 3,4 blades fan will have motor capacity less and heat consumption less than 5 blades fans.
2. Can the fan also light my room?
Yes, know a day’s fans come with a light, if we want light means we have to select the ceiling fan with light feature. Light will increase the surrounding environment by brighting.
3. Does ceiling fan size matter?
Yes, we have to select fan size according to size of room. if we select large fan for small room air circulation will be difficult. If we select small fan for large room then we will not get sufficient air because area will be large.
4. How do I choose a good ceiling fan?
Consider about power consumption, room size, good quality of fan and the place where we fix the fan according to that you select the best ceiling fan
5. We can keep fan over night on?
Yes, you can keep fan on overnight but it should be placed in certain distance.
6. Why do I get hot at night?
More heat is produced during night because surrounding environments warm.
7. Which is better fan or A/c?
A/c is better when compare to fan because A/c take heat from surrounding and cool that ever time, but fan will only circulate the air present in room. So better to choice A/c, we will get fress air every time.
8. Which is better A/c are cooler?
Cooler is better because it will consume less power when compare to A/C. A/C will consume 1.2 to 1.5 units per hour but cooler will consume 0.2 to 0.3 units per hour.
9. How can I cool down room?
Close the windows and doors while fan is on. Put cotton sheets on bed. Focus fans your side so then your body temperature will be cool.
10. How do I choose ceiling fan for room?
The size of a ceiling fans, depends on the size of room. To get the square footage of the room multiply the length of room in feet by the width of the room in feet. then u will get the exact size to select fan.
11. What is ceiling fan RPM?
RPM stands for revolution per minutes. The high RPM the speed of fan is higher and lower RPM the speed of fan is low, so we have to choose ceiling fan with higher RPM.